Cam FM Breakfast Blog
11 May 2014 11:33 | By: Jack Winstanley
We had a bit of a Eurovision theme running through the show this week! And this was not all as we had a packed show!
Jack went to speak to none other than Pat Nevin earlier in the week which turned out to be a really interesting and insightful interview on the show.
We also had Heather and Sabrina visit us from Anglia Ruskin Theatre Society to tell us about their dual play they are puting on which starts on Thursday 15th! It's called An Evening of Moliere and would be well worth going to see!
In my quest to build a factful Full English Breakfast I moved onto sausages this week, here are your five facts!
1. The word ‘sausage’ comes originally from the Latin ‘salscius’ meaning ‘prepared by salting’.
2. The earliest known mention of sausages is in a play by Aristophanes from the 5th century BC.
3. The British spend around half a billion pounds on sausages in a year, eating more than a quarter of a million tonnes.
4. 'War without fire is like sausages without mustard' (said to be King Henry V)
5. The British Sausage Appreciation Society has more than 5,000 members in the UK.
On Orlando's telly-watch we learnt that BBC Young Musician of the Year, Eurovision and Comedy Vault are the unmissable TV moments of the weekend!
In our Eurovision game we let you guess what our mashups were!
Here is the 1981 winning song:
And the slightly less succssful 2007 UK entry....
And finally for our annoying song of the week, and this week it really was annoying!
See you next Friday!
02 May 2014 10:45 | By: Jack Winstanley
On today's Friday show right before the Bank Holiday weekend we were on a mission to get people in a good mood!
In the second week of my quest to build a factful Full English Breakfast I moved onto bacon, for last weeks five facts about eggs see a previous blog. The five facts about bacon were:
1. The British spend around £1.37 billion a year on bacon.
2. More than 10 bacon sandwiches are eaten every second on average in the UK.
3. The word ‘bacon’ comes from the same root as the word ‘back’ and was originally a general term for pork meat, especially when it came from the pig’s back.
4. Henry IV, Part 1 and Merry Wives Of Windsor are Shakespeare’s only plays that mention bacon.
5. According to the latest survey, 46% of people like to grill bacon while 37% fry it.
So the big question is, are you a griller, a frier, or part of the weird 17% who does something else?
Orlando's telly-watch gave us a hint of what is on the television this weekend such as one of the original Star Wars films and also a dramtisation of the boat race featuring Matt Smith.
Our annoying song of the week was none other than Ylvis with The Fox!
Have a great three day weekend, particularly if you are taking part in Caesarian Sunday, and we will see you next week!
New Cam FM Friday Breakfast Team!
25 Apr 2014 11:36 | By: Jack Winstanley
On today's show (Friday 25th April) Orlando and I did our first breakfast show, including lots of new features!
In my quest to build a factful Full English Breakfast by the end of term I started today with five facts about eggs! These were:
1. Worldwide, around 1.2 trillion eggs are produced for eating every year. The average person on Earth consumes 173 eggs a year.
2. Forty per cent of the world’s eggs are consumed in China.
3. The average hen lays between 250 and 270 eggs a year but some lay more than 300.
4. The world record for eating hard-boiled eggs is 65 in 6min 40sec, by Sonya Thomas in 2003. She would have eaten more but they ran out of eggs.
5. The brown or white colour of an eggshell is purely dependent on the breed of the hen.
Orlando's telly-watch told us about new shows coming up over the weekend including Crimson Field and also if you are interested in a movie, Despicable Me 2 is on Saturday evening.
Our annoying song of the week was Aqua with Barbie Girl.
In other events, a regular listener was celebrating his 33rd wedding anniversary with his wife today, our congratulation go out to them!
Have a great weekend and see you next week!
21 Jan 2014 16:52 | By: Brekie Crew
Sssshhhhhh. Just turn up the speakers and click on this link... It will help.
Even MR.BEAN has issues getting up in the morning, maybe the things MR.BEAN does will help you?
Top tips for waking up
21 Jan 2014 16:49 | By: Brekie Crew
We all have to deal with it... It happens every day... WAKING UP. Some love it, some hate it. We thought we would share some tips to help make it as enjoyable as possible!
Wake me up!
21 Jan 2014 16:47 | By: Brekie Crew
Wake up to Cam FM! No time is too early for our presenters, who'll whisk you out of bed and into lectures. Music, fun and daily competitions provide the perfect way to start your day.
Breakfast back for Easter Term!
28 Apr 2011 13:41 | By: Mike Brooks
As the days get hotter and the skiving gets longer, join Cam FM for Breakfast, weekdays 8:00am - 10:0am
Breakfast Returns in Lent
10 Jan 2011 22:39 | By: Benedict Clancy
Cam FM Breakfast returns to 97.2 Cam FM from 7.30am on Friday 21st January 2011.
We've some new presenters, new features and new competitions, plus more special guests.
Tune in and get involved!